AECP Level 2 Final Challenge Part II

For the second part of the final challenge, I had to alter an item. I mean, you could do so many things with paper. I already did a lot for decoration with paper, especially for Birthdays. But I wanted to do something I never did before. 

Then I remembered a white lamp I have and thought, what if I’m going to ad flowers to this.





This was the start of my project.

 

As components I went for:

-       Easy ink blending techniques – as I colored my flowers with ink

-       In the mood for color – as I choose a matching color scheme

-       Let it shine – as I added a little bit of shine and texture with embossing

 

For my color combination I chose something which pairs well with my purple wall. I used the colors from the color scheme but added also green because it felt e little bit more organic like this.

I also wanted to have a big floral image over the whole lamp. So I went for the Rocktrompet Stamp Set. This flower is huge, so gorgeous and perfect to add al the different inks with the layering stencils.






I started by stamping the image with black pigment ink and added clear embossing powder. This gives a little bit of texture and shine. Because the flower is so big I found it easier to cut out everything first with the matching die, before coloring. Like this it holds better on my sticky mat. 

 




Once I placed the stencil in place, I started adding color with a large blending brush and added then more color with a small blending brush. I really like how the flowers turned out.

 



Finally, I adhered everything on my lamp. I used clear sticky dots, so I can always take it away when I don’t like it anymore.

 



I love this artsy look on the lamp and in the dark it really glows. But it’s definitely not for everyone. What do you think?

My goal was to try something new. And I did.













 

Comments

  1. Your project looks wonderful. I think it is a brave thing to try something new and a remarkable thing to be able to achive it! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH what a fun way to alter an item. I love it! well don

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Altenew July 2022 Marvelous Monthly Series Release Blog Hop + Giveaway ($300 in total prizes)

Altenew September 2022 Enchanted Winter Collection Release Blog Hop + Giveaway ($300 in total prizes)

Altenew July 2022 Summer Love Collection Release Blog Hop + Giveaway ($300 in Total Prizes!)