AECP - Beyond Basic Backgrounds

Hi everyone!

 

I’m starting my AEPC Level 2 now and here is my first card for the lesson Beyond Basics Background.

 




I decided to create a background with leaves and the inlay technique. When I look outside my window all the trees are so colorful at the moment. So, I’ve been inspired by them.

 

I started to cut out some leaves from withe cardstock. The dies are actually from the Sunburst Azalea die set. Then I inked them with my blending brushes in different shades of green, rose and yellow.

Then I took a piece of brown cardstock and die cut the same leaves from it.





And as I wanted to put everything together it happened...πŸ™ˆ I glued it on my panel on the wrong side. I was able to peel it away again, but of course there was all the glue on my die cuttet piece. I could have done it another time but I already put effort in it and I thought it was the perfect matching cardstock for my leaves (and of course it was my last piece and all my other thousands of thousand papers will never match like this oneπŸ˜‚) So I tried to spray it with oxide spray and really surprised me. It looked better than before.

 



So now I glued everything together and was quite happy with the result. I also added a little bit of shine on my leaves with a glitter pen. To finish my card I added just a gold foiled happy birthday on my card, so it doesn’t distract too much from the background. 

 

So this was my little crafty adventure with a happy end. πŸ˜… I'm sure each of us has those moments when you want to scream "no" for a moment... but then it's all not so bad.πŸ˜„

 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Altenew July 2022 Marvelous Monthly Series Release Blog Hop + Giveaway ($300 in total prizes)

Altenew September 2022 Enchanted Winter Collection Release Blog Hop + Giveaway ($300 in total prizes)

Altenew July 2022 Summer Love Collection Release Blog Hop + Giveaway ($300 in Total Prizes!)