AECP - Color Your Day

 Hi everyone!


It was about time to move on with my AECP. Today I made a card on the theme colors and color inspiration. The lesson was called Color Your Day! I find the most inspiration in nature. Or sometimes in fabric. 

For my card I have taken a tool that I absolutely love! The Color Catalog from Sarah Renae Clark.






I had the tendency to always combine the same colors. But with the color catalog you discover so much new and I love to find out which of my inks and papers match the colors.



I stamped the Dear Dahlias twice and colored them by using the stencil and the matching colors. Then I added a little bit of depth with markers and pencils. I like to use different kind of mediums. Then I diecut the leaves from the dahlia with the coordinating dies and colored them with my blending brush.

In the end, I thought it needed a little more purple. So I added two small branches.

 






For my background I took the Dotted Pinwheels Stamp set. This creates so much texture, without distracting to much. For a tone on tone look I stamped it with Versamark Ink and added clear embossing powder.

 

For my sentiment I cut out the word happy with the Fine Alphabet Die from Altenew. And also, the word birthday from the Spellbinders Layered Sentiment Stripes.

I added a little bit of glossy accent to the word happy, so it shines a little bit more.


That's my card, hope you like it!:)








Comments

  1. I think you did such a fantastic job with the colors and combining the stamp and die! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Altenew July 2022 Marvelous Monthly Series Release Blog Hop + Giveaway ($300 in total prizes)

Altenew September 2022 Enchanted Winter Collection Release Blog Hop + Giveaway ($300 in total prizes)

Altenew July 2022 Summer Love Collection Release Blog Hop + Giveaway ($300 in Total Prizes!)